Conversation Starter Questions
Good conversation starter questions are engaging. They are questions that elicit more than a one-word answer. You may be either nervous or excited when you are meeting someone new. Either way it is important to make a good impression. That’s why we have created this list of great conversation starters.
Good Conversation Starter QuestionsReading these 9 conversation starters, you may think that they are quite dull. They are. The reason that we decided to list them is because they are ‘safe’. They are standard questions to ask that will always get a polite response. Their purpose is to get you into a conversation without the risk of offending people.
1. How do you know everyone here?
2. How do you know the host?
3. Have you been friends with the host for long?
4. Are you from the area yourself?
5. Have you been here before?
6. Did it take long for you to get here?
7. Are you here with friends?
8. (I like your outfit.) Where did you get your outfit?
9. Are you enjoying the night/party/event?
10. Hi, I’m……
First Date Conversation Starter QuestionsThese questions are designed to make sure that you always have something to say on your first date. You’ll notice that as the list goes on, the questions get more and more ‘out there’. The reason for this is that you do not want your first date to be boring. So if you do find that neither of you have anything interesting to chat about, try using one of the last conversation starters.
1. So, what do you do when you’re not going on dates with cute guys/girls like me?
2. Do you play sports?
3. Are you planning anything interesting over the next year?
4. What do you do for your living?
5. Have been abroad lately?
6. If you could go anywhere in the world for a month, where would you go?
7. What’s the funniest date you’ve ever been on?
……And here’s some slightly more ‘out there’ questions. These questions are certainly funny but you should try to avoid using them in the very beginning, as they might seem a little odd to your date.
8. Have you ever been arrested?
9. Have you ever got so drunk that you can’t remember getting home?
10. What’s the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
11. Have you ever stolen something?
12. Have you ever snuck into the movies without paying?
13. Have you ever got fired from a job?
14. Have you ever lied to get out of trouble?
NB One topic to always avoid on a first date is infidelity. Bringing it up usually brings up all the bad emotions associated with it.
Funny Conversation Starter QuestionsThese questions are another step up from the first date question starters. They may certainly be perceived as way, way ‘out there’ by a lot of people, but if you share the same sense of humor as the person you are asking, then you will have a good time.
1. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done?
2. Have you ever caught your parents in the ‘act’?
3. Have you ever hurt an animal?
4. Have you ever hit someone?
5. Were you one of the smart kids in school who sat up the front or one the trouble makers down the back (or worse one of the ‘faders’ who sat in the middle)?
6. Are you the leader of your group of friends or a follower?
7. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without having a shower?
Hopefully the conversation starter questions here give you a good idea on what types of questions you should ask on a date or even a dinner party. For more great on conversations, check out these good conversation starters.
Return to Real Dating Tips homepage from Conversation Starter Questions
Return to Conversation Topics from Conversation Starter Questions
Life Changing Dating and Relationship Books
(Read The Reviews First)
Guy Gets Girl (review)
The Woman Men Adore (review)
Subscribe to Real Dating Tips
Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?
Copyright Â© 2009-2010 Real-Dating-Tips.com
All Rights Reserved